- Save the date! FRIDAY 14 NOVEMBER 2014 Conference: Reuniting planning and health; tackling disadvantage.
- WHO International Healthy Cities Conference 22-25 October 2014 Athens, Greece
- New Report: Walkability Assessment for Healthy Ageing Report Assesses Accessibility for Older People in the City
- Children Outline Their Vision for Belfast at City Hall Monday 16 June
- City Health the newsletter of Belfast Healthy Cities Summer 2014 Edition
Welcome to Belfast Healthy Cities
Belfast Healthy Cities is a citywide partnership working to improve health equity and wellbeing for people living and working in Belfast. Our focus is on improving social living conditions and prosperity in a healthy way, through intersectoral collaboration and a health in all policies approach.
Belfast is also a leading member of the World Health Organization (WHO) European Healthy Cities Network, with a strong track record of meeting its goals and objectives. Belfast Healthy Cities’ office has a staff team dedicated to working with partner organizations to facilitate and support change. The office also acts as the link between the city and WHO, and Belfast currently provides the secretariat to the Network.
Health 2020- the new WHO European health policy framework
Health 2020 is the new European health policy framework. It aims to support action across government and society to: “significantly improve the health and well-being of populations, reduce health inequalities, strengthen public health and ensure people-centred health systems that are universal, equitable, sustainable and of high quality”.