- Lord Mayor Launches WHO Belfast Healthy Cities Healthy City Awards: Healthy Places; Healthy Living; Promoting Health Equity ENTER NOW
- KidsSpace at Culture Night Belfast Buoys Park Friday 19 September 2014: Join In!
- Belfast Healthy City Explorer Travel Bursary Blog: First Impressions of Health Reform in Norway from Award Holder Anne McNally
- REUNITING PLANNING AND HEALTH: TACKLING DISADVANTAGE CONFERENCE Friday 14 November 2014 Hilton Hotel Belfast REGISTRATION NOW OPEN
- Presentations from Creating Healthier Communities Seminars: Sustainable Food; Active Travel and Economics and Health Now Available
Welcome to Belfast Healthy Cities
Belfast Healthy Cities is a citywide partnership working to improve health equity and wellbeing for people living and working in Belfast. Our focus is on improving social living conditions and prosperity in a healthy way, through intersectoral collaboration and a health in all policies approach.
Belfast is also a leading member of the World Health Organization (WHO) European Healthy Cities Network, with a strong track record of meeting its goals and objectives. Belfast Healthy Cities’ office has a staff team dedicated to working with partner organizations to facilitate and support change. The office also acts as the link between the city and WHO, and Belfast currently provides the secretariat to the Network.
Health 2020- the new WHO European health policy framework
Health 2020 is the new European health policy framework. It aims to support action across government and society to: “significantly improve the health and well-being of populations, reduce health inequalities, strengthen public health and ensure people-centred health systems that are universal, equitable, sustainable and of high quality”.